Volkswagen funerals / Morris Minor Funerals takes the privacy of its clients very seriously.
WHO WE ARE:
We are Volkswagen Funerals (also trading as Morris Minor Funerals) , a sole trader –
Proprietor Mrs Clare J Brookes. Primary business is Carriage Master
The Old Bakery, 18 Church road, Hartshill Nuneaton Warwickshire CV10 0NB
We are registered with the Information Commissioner. For the purposes of GDPR 2018 we are the data controller and data processor of your personal data.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU:
We may collect and process the following information about you:
• Information you provide to us either face to face or over the phone.
• Information you provide when filling in a booking form
• Information you provide to us via letter or email
• Information you provide when filling in a contact us form on our website
• This data is likely to include your name, address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect information when paying with a debit or credit card or PayPal or BACS.
The information that is collected, (which may include sensitive information) is essential to us in the performance of our duties to you. We use this information to manage vehicle hire and funeral arrangements on your behalf .
The legal basis of us holding this personal data is therefore for the performance of a contract.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
• We will only use your data for the purposes of fulfilling our services to you. These services could include vehicle hire, arranging and carrying out a funeral, requests for headstones and plaques, funeral wishes, carrying out pre-paid funeral plans, and managing donations on your behalf.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
• For the purposes of carrying out our services for you such as to the crematorium or for burial, to a minister for the service
• In accordance with our legal duties of compliance.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention, credit risk reduction and to pursue debtors.
• If we handle charitable donations on your behalf, then we will provide next of kin contact details to the charities for them to acknowledge receipt of the final monies collected. (In our correspondence with these charities we state that next of kin information is to be used for the sole purpose of acknowledgment of the monies received, and not to be used for any marketing purposes in the future).
THIRD PARTY LINKING
Our site may contain links to and from other websites of our affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on these websites.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA.
We do not currently transfer your personal data outside of the EEA.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
• We only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary
• We never store records of payment details.
• We keep some business records for a period of 7 years to satisfy our legal and regulatory obligations.
• We will review on a regular basis the information that we hold and if it is deemed to no longer be relevant then it will be destroyed.
• We keep some information for purpose of creating an historical and cultural archive. This information will not be shared with any 3rd party without the express consent of the next of kin or person to whom the information relates.
HOW WE WILL KEEP YOUR DATA SECURE
We will take all reasonable security measures to protect your personal information in storage. These measures include:
• Paper copies of information held will be kept secure and where necessary locked away with access restricted to the relevant personnel in the performance of our services to you.
• Password restricted access to specific personnel
• Any data that is transferred electronically for the purposes of an off-site backup service will be encrypted.
• Digital data stored on-site will be protected by anti-virus software and a firewall.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA:
TO ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION:
GDPR gives you the right to access any information held about you. We shall respond promptly within 30 days of receiving any request. We shall provide you with details of the personal information we hold about you, including the source(s) of this information, the reason for processing this information and the people/organisations we are entitled to share this information with.
YOUR RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION AND DATA ACCURACY
You have the right to request rectification of any inaccurate data that we hold about you. It is important that we hold accurate information about you and will take all reasonable steps to ensure when collecting this data, that accuracy is considered at all times. Sometimes data held will need to be updated and you can assist us with this by informing us of any changes when they occur.
YOUR RIGHT TO RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING
You have the right to obtain a restriction of processing data in the following circumstances:
• Where the personal data held is potentially inaccurate, it is restricted until the accuracy has been established
• Where the purpose for processing the data is unlawful
• Where we no longer need the personal data, but it is required by you with regard to a legal claim
YOUR RIGHT TO ERASURE
You have the right to request erasure of any personal data that we hold about you.
YOUR RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
You have the right to data portability. We will provide to you the data in a suitable format to be readily transferred to another data controller.
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have the right to object based on legitimate interests to your data being processed by us. Where you have objected to us processing your personal data based on legitimate interests then we shall cease such processing immediately unless it can be demonstrated that our legitimate grounds for processing over-ride your interests, rights and freedoms, or that the processing is necessary for the conduct of legal claims.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
Volkswagen Funerals do not use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making processes.
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION:
You are welcome to contact Clare Brookes, 18 Church road, Hartshill, Nuneaton, Warwickshire CV10 0NB or telephone 02476 399296.
IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT:
If you have a complaint about any aspect of how your personal data has been used then please contact Mrs. Clare Brookes in writing at , 18 Church road, Hartshill, Nuneaton, Warwickshire CV10 ONB.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
We will review this policy and may make changes from time to time in accordance with any requirements of GDPR. The most up to date version will be published on our website or you can request a copy from the office.
If you have any queries, please contact us and an email will be sent to all businesses. Please use individual email addresses on pages to speak to those businesses directly and please visit please their web sites.
FOR PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL REQUESTS FOR FUNERAL DIRECTORS PLEASE GO TO THE FORM ON THE CONTACT US PAGE.
Use our contact form.